Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Tis the season

A few weeks ago I applied to a job at Target. Basically a retail store where I would take on night shift and try and make some money until I couldn't keep up with school anymore. I've yet to hear back from HR regarding when I start but I've already found where I'll be spending my next 10 paychecks.

First I have to get out of debt. Funny how an 18 year old with few expenses has already managed a debt of .5k. I owe $355(speeding ticket through New York State) and $150 December Insurrence.

Than comes the season. In all honesty I don't particularly buy presents for family but this year may be one of my final at home so I might as well. For father I'm thinking of pitching in a bit for a PDA so he can hook up a navigation system. Budget $300-$400. $100-200 on earrings for mother, and $100 dinner for grandparents.

-$505 (debt)
-$350 (PDA)
-$150 (Earrings)
-$100 (Dinner)
-----------------
-$1,105

If I play my cards right I should be out of these debts in two weeks if they give me enough hours.

Anyways I have a wish list of my own once I actually get around to it.
  • Digital Camera
  • MP3 Player
  • Beard Trimmer
  • New Cloth
  • New PC
  • Pay Off Community College
  • Fix the car
  • Tint the windows
  • Save for a trip down to pocinoes

I guess we can't control the future very well. I have my goals, now I'll try to aim for happiness with what I got.

No comments: